Saturday, June 15, 2019
Faith is a choice
“Jesus said to her, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you would see the glory of God?””―John 11:40
People always ask me: “Why do you have faith? Why do you believe?” And I always answer: “How can I not believe? How can I not have faith?” CS Lewis said: “I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun. Not because I can see it but because by it, I can see everything else.” That’s exactly how I feel.
God is everywhere. You can see Him in the smile of a baby or the breathtaking colors of a sunset. You can see Him in creation, in the kindness of others, in the healing of the sick, or when the impossible happen. For me, it all comes down to this; you cannot see what you don’t believe. Faith is a choice (Hebrews 11:23-28). What you choose to believe defines you and ultimately influences what you perceive and experience. If a person chooses not to believe, how would such a person be able to experiences the wonder or glory of God? It would be like walking through a beautiful garden with your eyes closed.
The sad reality is that some people will always look for reasons not to believe, but in the end, it’s up to us to decide whether we believe or not. God cannot make us choose Him. “At its root, this is what faith is. It is not about believing in God. It’s believing God.”―RC Sproul.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment