Faith like the Wind

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Worry ends when faith begins


“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”—John 14:27

Last week I was browsing for a gift for someone when I happened to come across a wooden quote board with the words: “Worry ends when faith begins.”

Worry ends when faith begins—it’s that simple! Where there is faith, there can only be peace (John 14:27).

God doesn’t want us to worry about tomorrow or the future (Matthew 6:34), He wants us to give our troubles to Him (1 Peter 5:7). God promises in His Word that He will provide for His children (Philippians 4:19), and that He will protect them (2 Timothy 4:18).

Keeping the faith in tough times is hard, believe me—I know! It’s not easy not to feel anxious or troubled when you or your loved ones face danger or uncertainty. But if there is one thing I can absolutely testify to, is that God does provide, and He does care. As Corrie Ten Boom has stated: “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.”

We cannot always control what happens around or with us, but we can control what we think and what we believe. Our faith is what sets us free. If you believe that God will protect you, that He will provide for you, that He will help and heal you, then that is what God will do (Mark 11:24).

Take comfort in the knowing that we serve a powerful and almighty God—there is nothing He can’t do. You don’t need to fear the darkest valley (Psalm 23:4), the weapons of men (Isaiah 54:17), sickness or disasters (Psalm 91). You are the child of the great Protector. You are the child of a king.

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.”—John 14:1

No comments:

Post a Comment