Faith like the Wind

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Be still

 
“Be still, and know that I am God…” — Psalm 46:10

Today, somebody asked me why God allows so much evil in the world. It is a question I have often struggled with myself.

What I have learned is that God didn’t create evil—God created perfection (Genesis 1:31). Evil and sin entered the world through free will—when Eve chose to listen to Satan. All the bad things people do to each other, they choose to do to each other. I don’t know why God allows these things to happen to the innocent, or why God allows people to get sick and suffer. What I do know, is that God is powerful and that He is more than able to turn something negative into something positive (Ephesians 3:20). All that we have to do is to ask and to believe.

Someone once told me that “faith is seeing light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness”. Take comfort in the knowing, that all things are possible through Christ who gives us strength (Philippians 4:13). It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment