Sometimes in life things go absolutely wrong. When doors keep closing all around us and disappointment keeps rearing its ugly head, it gets tough not to lose hope and to stop believing.
The Lord tells us in Mark 5:36 not to be afraid, but to believe, because He has the ability to turn a valley of trouble into a door of hope (Hosea 2:15).
Hope is essential to the believer and critical to have. Without hope there can be no faith, no joy, and no inner peace.
For the believer, hope is a feeling of trust—a sure certainty that what God has promised in the Word is true. In Isaiah 41:10 God says: “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
As believers with hope we should take these words to heart, because hope and faith is closely intertwined and true faith cannot be moved by circumstances or what the eyes see. Romans 8:24 says it best: “For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?”
In life we will experience difficult circumstances—trial periods that will test our faith and endurance. But, please, don’t lose hope in God. Things will get better—God is always in control (Proverbs 19:21). If we stay strong and don’t let go of God’s hand, He will make our dreams and hopes come to pass (Jeremiah 29:11).

No comments:
Post a Comment