Sunday, October 11, 2015
Who you are matters
“But now, this is what the LORD says—he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: ‘Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name, you are mine’” — Isaiah 43:1
Because I gave a degree in psychology, people often ask me to reach out to a loved one that’s going through a rough patch. Something that stood out to me in my conversations with these people is that a lot of them believe that they are insignificant—that who they are don’t matter. I’ve also noticed this kind of thinking pattern in the comments people are leaving on Facebook, in blogs, and in forums. It seems that many of us feel that we don’t matter “and if we die today, nobody would miss us”.
It saddens me that people feel this way, because all of us do matter. I believe that every person makes a ripple in the pond of life, and that each and every ripple is needed to help complete another person’s journey. We don’t always get to see the impact we have on other people’s lives, but there’s no doubt that every life lived has its own unique effect and is absolutely necessary.
Today I want to tell all the people out there that feel that they don’t matter that they matter. Who you are matters! You are the child of a king—you are a child of God (Gal 3:26) and you matter so much that God has engraved your name on the palms of His hands (Is.49:16). Don’t let anybody make you feel differently.
Labels:
You matter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment